Monday, May 18, 2009

Give up kinda day

Today I was called into the office by the acting store manager. Before the old boss left, I was given a "verbal coaching". Which is a fancy name for a reprimand. The first in the step towards losing your job. First step is verbal, second is a written, third is what they call a decision day, then next you are gone. After the old boss left, I talked to the big boss. He said he would look into it, because I felt as if it was personal on not work related. I still think it was. Others do the same thing a lot. I did it once and got in trouble for it. Anyway, I was told that they were going to let the coaching stand. I was frustrated and angry. I did not let my anger show. I just wanted to cry, but I didn't. I started to whine to God about it. I thought He would at least sympathize with me. Well, that didn't happen. I did not like the answers I got. First I said, "it's not fair". God said, "Well, life's not fair. Isn't that you always told your kids?" So then I said, "I work really hard for this company and they don't even appreciate it. Other people can slack off and not get their work donw, but nothing happens to them. So from now on I will just do my work, but I will not work hard." God said, "Work as for the Lord, not man". "I don't want to" I replied. God said, "too bad, I want you to show them how you can rise above this". Okay, Okay, but I don't have to like it.

No comments: